Oil Pressure gauge?

I have a 10bar oil pressure gauge on my 16v convertible; stock for
the car.  I put the sender from the old engine on the 16v, and I
believe it was working when I first tried starting the car.

Now when I turn the key to ACC, the needle pegs itself, violently.
If I start the car, while the starter is turning the needle drops,
but then it pegs again.

Doesn't matter if the sensor is hooked up.

What's the deal?  Is the gauge hosed?  Do I have something whacked
with the electrical system?

And what do the symbols on the back of the gauge mean?  I get the "+"
and "GND", but what's the inverted "T" mean?

HelP?

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |