RE: 16V Rev Limiter

> Brian didn't have a problem removing the limiter off
> his cis-e 8v right?  How about using the knock sensing
> box from an 8v?  I hear the timing curve may even be
> better allowing us to use closer to 12 degrees rather
> than 6.  Then again did brian rev it past 7200?
> Brian?

Reved it several times all the way to the 3/4 line on the MkII fuel gauge
that was in the car.....that's probably 7500+ rpms.  Not much power up there
but hey, everyone misses a shift now and then.

All I did was wire up the 86GTI harness to the 78 FPR by SPLICING in the
ground from the brain to the existing FPR ground wire with a wire tap.  This
doesn't work on the 16V because the rev limiter cuts the ground to the FPR
and cuts off spark.

I'm still trying to sort this one out for you guys.

Brian H