Re: Don't laugh....please?

Nate Mellom wrote:

> Everyone going to the Treffen....please don't laugh at my car.  It's a
> bit rusty, a few small dents, wheels need re-clear coating, dash is
> cracked, but I still love my car.

Hey Nate.. god bless ya brother, because YOU have it figured out!

We begged everybody out west to enter the ND show this year, so that we
could get EVERYBODY together in one place, and have a shot at the award
for most represented group.  We said it didn't matter what your car
looked like or what mods it did or didn't have - just that it was
a Scirocco was enough.  And for the most part, everybody joined in, and
I can tell you that NOBODY who may have thought they'd have been
embarrassed going in was when it was all said and done - they were ALL
glad they entered and were part of the group.  Nobody was treated any
differently based on their cars, and everyone felt they were just as
much of the group whether they were driving a rusty beater or a super-
clean hot ride.  The few that did stay out and parked on the street wound
up regretting that they didn't join in the fun.

Moral of the story?  scirocco.org was represented by *34* cars, and we
did indeed win the award.  34 cars out of 154 in the show - OUTSTANDING
showing!  And there were a handful more that weren't "officially"
affiliated with us, pushing the total to over 40.  It was a sight to
behold..   ;D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0