RE: Things that confuse upshift indicators?

--- Lauri Pettai <lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had once chance to try 13"x6" alloys with
> 175/50/13 tires on them.
> This was SOMETHING! I never imagined how wide can
> 175 tire look,
> and the traction was superb and of course the
> acceleration was a
> way better too. But my car sat only 5 cm off the
> ground and I couldn't
> use it longer than only on that track where we were.
>
> So 175 can be wide too! :)
>
> > Good God, man! Those 175mm tires are fit for a
> bicycle -not a
> > Scirocco 16v! The stock size was 186/60/14. Your
> gearing is
> > definitely lowered due to the smaller diameter.
> This will
> > actually improve your acceleration (traction
> issues aside) but
> > your handling will be absolute shite. Do the right
> thing and put
> > on some stock sized tires or just upgrade the darn
> car! I
> > recommend the Dunlop SP8000 in the 195/55/14
> flavor.
> >
> > Really now... *175*??? Gasp, hack, cough...
>
> Lauri!
> '84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit
> (VIN025736)
> http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
> I finally added nothing new to my site!
>

> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

I was in error about the size of those tires, so
things are not really that bad. Currently the tires
are p195/60r14, and they are not exactly the same size
as this car wore brand new. After posting the letter I
had the tire salesman look this up, so I know better
now. The car rides nicer now, but I say that only
after a relatively sedate test drive.