My horror story for the day.

On my way back from the weekly card game at a friend's house, I decided to
stop off at dunkin donutz for the usual midnight caffeine refreshment (I
stay up late). Anyways, I get into the drive through and I hear a slight
rhythmic clicking in my tranny at idle, like the clutch wasnt completely
100% disengaging, but it wasn't extreme. So anyways, its about 11pm and
there's a couple people in front of me, so I'm waiting, and I've got the
clutch in, I go to pull up to give my order and BOOM the clutch goes out,
the gears start grinding like hell and I toss it in neutral. While its in
neutral I've still got some rhythmic clacking going on in there too, so I
push it over to the curb, and call triple A (luckily i remembered my cell
phone which I almost always forget) and get a tow up to my mechanic. There
was absolutely no tension in the clutch, and I checked the cable while I was
waiting and unfortunately, I dont think its broken. Anyways, I just got my
clutch disc replaced a year ago (I know this isn't the prob) but my mechanic
was in there and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, do you think my
pressure plate blew and thats it? I know this has happened to some of you
before, so could you please drop me a mail and tell me what it cost to get
it fixed (i'm really tight on the budget, but she's also my only car and I
need her).

Thanks,

Duffy
86 8v.