RE: your mail

OK, I stand corrected.  I was trying to remember if the 79 Rabbit 4speed I
have had EGR on it - but I cant.  I do know that the 2 automatic rabbits
(both 1980) and myriad of automatic Jettas (81,84,85,86) all have it.
None of the 4 or 5-speeds I have built after 1980 do for sure (OK, except
for the '97 1.9TD (gone) and 99 1.9 TDI, which both have it)

I have a feeling that EGR was dropped with the addition of k-lambda on the
A1 platform, and on the A2 platform, only Canadian models (non GTI/GLI)
used it for automatics, as they only used CIS injection, not k-lambda.

Drew

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Scott Williams wrote:

> > AFAIK, only Automagic VW's ever used EGR systems.
>
> My Callaway 1978 (first Scirocco) had an EGR system. (I drilled the
> pin and pulled the venturi out of the throttle body, of course...)
> Representative GENUiTY 599 Lexington Avenue 23rd Floor NY, NY 10022
>
> scott.williams@genuity.com
> 212.836.4835

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca