Re: 1988 VW Scirocco 16v Rebuilt Transaxle

   I guess it depends on what's wrong with your tranny. Mine had a trashed main shaft thanks to a bad bearing. Parts alone were going to be $450+. German Transaxles in Oregon (541-382-7723) quoted me $1150 for a rebuilt unit +$350 for the core +shipping. I ended up finding a low mileage 16v tranny locally for $300. If a few gears are all you need, they could probably supply them.
   Gerry
----- Original Message -----
From: Stephygee
Subject: Fw: 1988 VW Scirocco 16v Rebuilt Transaxle

Is this guy on crack or what?  A transaxle goes for THAT much?!  Geezus!!!!  Sssaaayyy, I remember a long time ago Techtonics (??) or one of those companies used to have individual tranny gears in their catalogs.  Can't seem to find it.  Anyone knows who sells these gears?  For that kind of money, I can just get the two gears I need and have someone rebuild it.  Geez.  Thanks.

Steph