RE: Scirocco Rice (Here we go again!)

	Actually there is nothing wrong with adding wings, ground effects and air
damns. If properly designed for the system, they can afford a great
advantage.
	But like changing the brakes to increase friction and stopping power,
injection systems designed to increase fuel flow, radical cams etc. there is
a scientific basis for the changes.
	I have been designing an active aerodynamic system for my own '81. But....
Instead of showing off by putting a bigger wing on, (as I have no penis to
transplant to my forehead and a boob would just block my vision), my system
is designed to be minimally invasive to the aesthetic design of the car, yet
have maximal effect due to the design criteria.
	As for the design of the exterior? I like it the way it is. Soft flowing
lines, yet low and mean looking...
	As Marie said, they are rare and (my words) beautiful machine.

Julie Macfarlane
'81 Scirocco (Mom)
'83 Rabid GTI (Baby)
'85 Jetta (Wolfsburg)