cam identification

Went back to the junkyard where I got the Nuespeed throttle body off the 84
GTi.  Well, I looked around some more, and realized this car has been worked
on a bunch.  Besides the cool upgrade stuff I pulled last time, noticed
today it has a header.  Though old and rusted, I thought maybe its also got
a cam in it.  Thats easy enough to pull, but what am I looking for to find
out if it is better than stock?  Are there markings for a G-grind?  Can I
measure the lobes somehow, and what measurements am I looking for?
Hopefully someone out there can help.

Brad