Re: Upgrading to 100mm CV flanges

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:40:52 EDT Goethfaust@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 07/01/2000 9:43:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> pellom@yorku.ca writes:
>
> << I'm gonna go with a 84 GTI
>  tranny that I got from my previous parts car.  Will it clear with
> the new
>  100mm?  Any gaskets or seals which need to be altered? >>
>
> AFAIK, the 84 GTi came with 9A tranny and was one of the first cars
> to have 100mm dirve flanges, so it should already have them, and if it
> doesn't, it should clear.
>
> later
>
> greg f

The '84 GTI came with a 2H on the early ones, and 4K on the rest of them.
The 100 mm drive flanges will fit right on the 4K, but the 2H need's some
clearancing.

'85 was the first year for 100 mm flanges for A1's...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, 2Y
'83 GTI, 9A
'84 Scirocco 9A, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V