Re: Rear Wiper install

I did this on mine many years ago.  Ultimately, I ended up buying a later
rear hatch with the wiper on it, painting it and installing it.  The
whole thing wasn't too difficult to do.  I will say that you will need to
buy a rear window with the wiper hole already in it, since you can't
drill through tempered glass (it'll shatter!).  If you want more details,
let me know and I'll try to remember...

As for whether or not it's worth it, that'll depend on your needs.  I
never used it all that much, and have since taken it back off.  But if
you think you'll use it, than it'll probably be worth it.  I did enjoy
how the rear washer never squirted washer fluid in the window at highway
speeds (the spray got cought in the air stream, flipped over the rear
spoiler and landed on the car behind me) because it was a great way to
discourage tailgaters!!!

Hope this helps.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")