Re: mk1->mk2 rear axel the same???

awwwwwww yeah, whos the man? Hehe damn im outta Lava
soap, now work tomorrow will know i wasnt sick today if i
don't get my hands clean.

anyways it's all done. Drum to Disc......

-removed wheels, and all spindle(knuckle whatever) parts,
-freeded up and removed e-brake cable
-unbolted axel with jack supporting it in middle and jackstands at the two ends
of the axel.
-lower axel down as far as reasonable and disconnected brake
line at axel.
-lowered axel all the way and removed
+installed the 16v e-brake cables, loosely secured them at handle
+moved axel from 16v up on jack and raised up a bit
+reconnected the brake line at the axel
+raised axel up onto mounting bolts and secured
+secured brakeline at its hooking point on axel
and bent it around the inside of the trailing arm down
between arm and away bar ending up right under end of axel
+installed spindle stuff and caliper etc from 16v.
+I then used the short brakeline from the 16v to connect
the caliper to stock 8v brakeline that I previously wrapped
to under axel (right where the 16v one ends up)..I guess you
should buy a 16v ss braided brake line kit at this point it
would be good upgrade.
+reconnected e-brake cable to caliper and tightened it at level
+bled brakes (well, going out to do that now)
+put back on wheels and viola!

man i wish i had more time but i need to get to work tomorrow
or i would have painted calipers etc. i was able to install
some previously painted dust plates so looks cool.

I suppose it would be a lot of money but i could just get a ss braided brake
line kit and use it to custom connect up the
16v m/c right? the mc is a direct swap right? thanks woooooo
im pumped

Ryan

>Whell, considering that I havent acually done this yet, I cannot tell you from

>experience, however I looked into this procedure a while ago because I do plan
on
>making the convertion in the future. My understanding is that the easiest way
>do this is to completely swap all components from a donor 16v, this includes
the
>booster, master cyl, fluid lines, e-brake assembly, and rear axcel w/ rotors
and
>calipers. So maybe if you are having trouble with the fluid lines try swaping

>them for a set off a 16v, technically they should fit like a glove, (same frame).

> I havent heard anything about mounting the calipers upsidedown though, this

>sounds kinda sketchy to me. I don't believe there is any way to still use the

>original fluid lines, I am pritty shure you have to either get them off a 16v,
or
>make your own, but like I said I havent done this yet, so I could be wrong.
Try