Scott's roc

>Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:25:20 -0500
>From: Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
>Subject: Re: Rocco Project Revived!!! (long)

> > Parts Express (if not somewhere you already know) have solenoid stuff to
> > make it happen.
>
>Oh yeah, I'm not familliar. Do you have an URL?
>
> > Is the hood scoop for the Eng. bay or up by the raintray?

> > How about a slight window treatment?
>
>Tint could happen. I'd also like to remove that corner window frame that
>separates the Mk1's front windows into two sections. I'd have to make up
>custom glass which is just a matter of paying for it. Do you have a clue as
>to what would have to go on *inside* the door, though? Chris Chemidlin says
>that it could be done. -ever seen this before?
>
> > Lets see some pre pix maaannnn.
>
>I'll put something together for yuz!
>- --
>Scott F. Williams
>NJ Scirocco nut
>SCCA ProRally driver
>Hotrod Rabbit GTi

I think http://www.autoloc.com has some cool stuff. You could do power
locks, windows, shaved handles, trunk pop, open/close sunroof, alarm on/off
and auto start if you worked real hard!

About the windows... I'm almost sure you could make any car with 'smoking'
windows to large 1-piece windows.  Ive done it several times on Bugs.  You
would need to get an extra window channel for the surround, and you'd need
to make a few cuts to some sheet metal under where the vent window sat...
Your only other concern would be the door-check thingie. Chances are, if
your window is in the 'down' position and you slammed the door, your glass
would be shattered into 1 billion pieces. The solution? Again to the Beetle
aftermarket! They have special door checks made out of urethane and cable so
it wont smash your glass.

Now, finding someone to cut safety glass to fit would be difficult
(impossible?)... The bug kits have some sort of plate glass, it sounds weird
if you knock on it.  I know there are a few companies out there marketing
tint that is damage proof. You can hit it with a hammer, and even though the
window smashes, the little bits stay in one 'sheet'. That would get you some
sort of protection from being stabbed with shards of glass if you got into a
wreck.

As for colors on the roc?
I like a nice metalic-smoky grey.
How about that wild 'aluminum' paint on BMW's concept 3series? THAT'S cool!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop