FS: 1981 Scirocco S in California

Hey everyone. A friend of mine is considering selling his Scirocco. He's not
on the list, so I'm posting this for him. DO NOT REPLY TO ME ABOUT THE CAR.
you can reply directly to kevin@axiomdesign.com Keep scrolling down for a
list of what's on the car.
*****
Howdy,

I'm considering selling my 1981 Scirocco of 13 years.  Its been a good
long run, but I don't take it out as much as I should.  I have all
receipts dating back from 1987 [well over $12K worth].  I've just
recently spent $3K on the close ratio tranny and quaiffe.  If you are
looking for a clean MkI Scirocco that you can autocross one day, then
show the next [been there, done that] this is your ride.  Car needs
nothing except a competent driver to explore its considerable
performance envelope.  Again, I am considering selling it dependant on
the quality of offers I get.

Your friend at 6000rpm,

Kevin Sproul

PS: Pictures can be found at:
http://www.jswinsurance.com/kevcar/

Basics:

Cashmere white paint
120K on chassis, around 70K on motor
No major accidents

Specs:

1981 VW Scirocco

Engine:

1987 GTI 1.8l with 10:1 compression
Factory knock sensor and ignition
Neuspeed 268 Cam
Neuspeed throttle body
Match ported upper and lower intake manifold
Custom 3" lower airbox
Autotech short tube header
Techtonics 2" high flow catalytic converter
Autotech 2" exhaust system
Nology Hot Wires Spark plug wires
Nology Coil Amplifier
Beru Silverstone plugs, indexed
New Dimensions oil cooler kit with Setrab 10 row unit
Mecca 4" Oil Filter
Redline 10 w 40 Synthetic oil

Suspension:

Koni adjustable struts with Neuspeed Springs
Neuspeed 22mm front swaybar
Neuspeed 25mm rear swaybar
Neuspeed Upper strut tie-bar
Autotech Rear strut tie-bar
Autotech Lower Sub-Frame
Centra Type 6 rims 15 x 6.5
Pirelli Pzero tires, 195/50/15
ATE 9.4" Power Disc rotors
Mintex HPR pads
Neuspeed Stainless Brake lines

Exterior:

Body-color bumpers
Shaved Emblems

Interior:

MOMO 350mm Monte Carlo Steering Wheel
MOMO Shift knob
MOMO Corse pedals
Scirocco II Sport Seats
Schroth Rallye 4 Harnessbelts
Alpine CD player
Alphasonik 45 watt amp
JBL 5 ¼" midrange and 1" tweeters
Monster Cable throughout

Miscellaneous:

GTI Close Ratio Gearbox
Quaife Differential
210mm16V Clutch
Lightened and Balanced Flywheel
ND Aluminum Steering rack bushing
ND rear polyurethane A-arm mounts
ND Massive overkill wiring
ND HD motor mounts
Additional set of 4 brand new Pirelli Pzero tires in 195/50/15