Re: [non] rabbit p/u

Here's my opinion:

It's well-known that I like Rabbit pickups more than most people, but I
consider any pickup with strut tower rust to be nothing but a parts donor.
I'm guessing that's what the seller meant when he told you the spring perch
is rusty...  if it was in fact just the spring perch it could be cured with
a new strut housing.

If you go to look at the truck, look at the strut towers, across the bed
about 1 foot in front of the tailgate (where crossmember is underneath, it
rusts from the bottom up), along the top of the front fenders just under the
hood, underneath the rear window, and near the bottom of the A pillars.

John

lots of stuff
http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm