Battery relocate

My $0.02 on relocating batttery.

BTDT 2x.  First time was w/ full size Sears box in trunk and cheap THN
cable.  Current FSP GTi had PO run ~4g wire to back along with fuel lines
and mount garden tractor/motorcycle battery in smaller plastic box in
spare tire well.  I've found short ground wire to rear bumper mounting
bolt to be sufficient ground.  If you consider the mass of the steel, its
resistance is way low, more important to get good mechanical/electrical
contact with bolt.  I use nice big ring terminals and soldered (Weller
D-550).  At front, wire is cable tied to lower valance and ends at
starter (which is where you need juice).  Unless you got $ to burn, you
can reuse your existing auto battery in a battery box.  SLA or gel cell
nice but not necessary.  Battery box and proper hold downs needed for
SCCA tech approval, RT rule book.

You should have an easier time of finding nice cable and terminals with
the proliferation of thumping auto sound places.  I'd also leave your
battery clamp in place up front.  Never know when you want to swap
battery back.  I used to swap as part of my winter ritual on '78 (along
with air dam, tires, and fresh air intake.)

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre