Re: Speedo cable chattering in cold (plus a couple added q's)

Wow, am I the only person that doesn't have this problem? My rocco works
100% in the cold. No problems with cold starts even though i'm using 15w-50
mobil 1, my speedo cable has never made a peep, although I did replace my
gauge cluster with the one from my 1987 Jetta GL (the speedo that came with
the rocco had the infamous bouncing needle, so i swapped it before I sold my
wreck). Hell, my idle doesn't even bounce or go below 925 in the cold. I
guess my restoration went better than expected eh?

Quick question though. I have disconnected my A/C clutch engagement wire for
the winter (as i always do) but when i use any of the climate functions
which would normally turn on the a/c (def, or any of the left 3), my
voltmeter still bobbs a bit lower...would this stop if i yanked the a/c
relay as well?

Also, if you've made it this far, when i switch between the heater contols,
the slider doesnt "click" into any of the functions, i just have to kinda
guess where they go. Is this "normal" or is there a quick fix. It gets
rather annoying.

Thanks,

Duffy Penski
mpcd@student.umass.edu