Re: Heater Core

Keith Fullerton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently noticed a gungy film developing on the inside of the
> windshield of my 84 8v right above the vents in the dashboard. Given
> the recent cold weather and use of the vents to defrost the windshield,
> I suspect that the heater core has a small leak. Does anyone have
> experience using "Bars Leak" or any such product to stop these leaks?
> Does it work? I'm hoping to hold out until warmer weather to replace
> the heater core, but I also don't want to be inhaling vaporized
> antifreeze.
>
> Any/all input is appreciated...
>
> TIA
> -Keith

I'm on the other side of the fence.

Don't Use The Stuff.

The best thing that will happen is it works as you expected. The more
common experience is nothing happens and you've spent your money. Even
more likely it will get all jammed up in your cooling system were you
don't need it and _still_ not fix the problem.

I can not stress enough my recommendation to save this stuff for
emergency roadside repairs and fix the problem correctly, not with a
Band-Aid.

hth,
TBerk