RE: Heater Core

> I suspect that the heater core has a small leak. Does anyone have
> experience using "Bars Leak" or any such product to stop these leaks?
> Does it work? I'm hoping to hold out until warmer weather to replace
> the heater core, but I also don't want to be inhaling vaporized
> antifreeze.

What's a little cold weather! 0 degrees this morning and the Scirocco fired
right up :)

I tried some leak stop product years back for the radiator and all it did
was clog up the hose for the overflow tank... I wouldn't mess with it, but
that's my opinion.

For replacing the heater core made easy, visit my site and look in the
Scirocco Tech Tips section.  The car actually gets warm now after freezing
for years!

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

GAK Motorsports... Your source for German Plates,
country emblems, and more!

Please visit http://www.DriversFound.com