Cabby/Jetta dash in Mk1 Rocco

Okay, now how about fitting an early Jetta or Cabriolet dashboard into a
Mk1 Scirocco? Will that work? The Cab's dash looks very much like the
early Scirocco types and I'm guessing that they are interchangeable.
Does that sound right? What kinds of provisions would I have to make to
drop it into my Rocc? Would any cutting or lengthening be involved or is
it a bolt-in affair. It's just too damned cold out in my garage to start
measuring things. :^)

Btw, has anyone out there done the BMW 3-series dash conversion? That
looks *dope*!

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut