RE: Hill climbing Scirocco

Are you sure they're comparing the same engines?  In 89 Audi introduced the
20v 5 cylinder with their 100 and 200 models.  All 5000's were 10v engines
(If I remember correctly).

On a side note, in stock form my Audi TQ 200 20v engine was putting out
160HP.  A new computer and $400 later I had a claimed 240HP.   Talk about
unleashing its potential...

I also got more power from the, K&N Airfilter, wastegate spring for the
turbo and exhaust (got rid of the Cat too, Douh!)  That car was so much
fun...  Right before I got transfered to London my friend (who's an Audi
Dealer Mechanic and why I could afford to do so much) and I were talking
about putting in performance cams and overhauling the engine and turbo (160K
miles and still going strong!)...

I remember driving up to Vermont on a ski trip with a few friends...  Two of
them had an SUV's and had a knack of making fun of my "station wagon".  So
we started the trip and some guy in what seemed to be a Ferrari sped by.
Wanting to see what model it was I dropped it into 3rd and gunned it... we
were suddenly glued to our seats for a few seconds until I upshifted to
fourth...  ten seconds later we were doing a bit over a ton and catching up
to the ferrari.  It turned out to be a pimped out Fiero (I acutally like
Fieros, just not this one) with an F50 wanna-be spoiler and vents...

But all of a sudden everyone had a new found respect for the "Station Wagon"

Great comfort (Awesome leather interior on the 200's), driveability,
power... Passing Explorers going up the snowy road to Stowe only helped nail
the point home even further...  I'll probably keep that car until it rots
away...

I loved it, even if it didn't impress any girls.  I mean I don't need a car
to attract girls mind you but the Avant on certain occasions actually scared
them away!  They would think I was either married or living at home and
driving mommys car...  everytime I picked up a girl for the first time in
the car they would ask "is this really your car!?"  I actually drove a girl
right back home because she wouldn't shut up about it.

The Rocco on the other hand has much more potential...

Later, this stream of conciousness thing is out-of-control...
Armando