Re: [Mk1gti] Rear Window wipers inoperable ?

Sonic Druid wrote:

> I have an '82 VW Scirocco, AC, Rear Wipers.........
>
>  Anyway, the rear wipers stopped working a while back....
> sometimes it would just quit and I would move the fusebox a little and
> it would start working
> again, till finally it just quit all together....
>
>  any ideas ?
>
> --

Take off each of the fuses box's connectors on the back, one at a time
so as to not mix them up, and

1. Spray contact cleaner, let dry.
2. Lightly lube with dielectric grease.
3. Reattach and move on to the next one.

The electrical contacts will need this type reconditioning to return
back to life.

But wait! There's More !   :)

Trace the wires from the front to the back if ness and you will have
back your rear wiper. Often a break in the wire as it passes the rear
hinge is the problem.

hth,
TBErk