Re: Storm ?

Let's see if I can re-type my response again before my
computer crashes.  Winblows...  sheesh.

Anyway, this is what I have come up with for the Mk 1
Scirocco Storm:

The Storm was a Great Britain only, limited edition model.
1000 were imported in '79, and another 1000 in '81.  Color
choices for '79 were silver green or black, with black and
fawn hide uphoulstery, respectively.  '81 colors were
silver blue or noisette brown, with blue or tan leather.
All Storms had 1.6l fuel injected engines and large front
spoilers. (Identical to the U.S. "S" spoiler)

Also, they did have a "Scirocco Storm" badge on the hatch,
which I've been looking for an example of for YEARS.  If
ANYONE can find one for me, PLEEZE let me know.

--- Dirk Schneider <SCIROCCO2@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello Randy,
>
> thanks for your mail !
> unfortunartely the "Storm" model was never sold here in
> Germany.
> I think they were mostly sold to Great Britain.
> And IMHO it was a later Scirocco II 8v with bodykit.
> I'm not aware of any Mk1 "Storm" model,
> the last 1981 Scirocco I editions were "CL" and "SL" here
> in Germany.
>
> Surely our british list members can help on the "Storm"
> topic.
>
> have fun with you 1981 "S" !!
>
> Greetings
> Dirk
>
> www.Scirocco2.de

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry