This Magazine Idea

Hey Guys,
About this magazine,
Only two days ago I mentioned this idea to the
list, and have gotten an immense response, huge, I
can't believe the positive energy this has
conjured. I will be the first to admit that this
sounds extremely promising, especially since there
isn't a mag (that I know of) that exclusively
features watercooled VW's. Yes every once in a
while you will see an article on a VW in import
mags, and similar other compact car mags. However
there is not one that only does Water cooled VW's.
Thus there is a seemingly promising market. With
this in mind this seems like a very promising
endeavor. However alot of people do not realize
every thing that goes into the beginning of a mag,
it is an extremely large investment, and is as
chancy as the restaurant business if not more. I
must admit I have no experience in the publishing
business myself, but I have very solid
connections, I am friends with a couple book
creative directors, my father has assisted in the
beginnings of a few art mags. and my uncle owns a
newspaper here in Oregon, not to mention I work in
a respectable design firm that has designed books
in the past, so I have the software to create the
mag. The main thing that is stopping me is the
financial expense of printing a mag and getting it
out into the market, this is obviously the most
expensive part of all, it is extremely expensive
to publish and print a quality magazine. Were
talking many thousands of dollars. and even if
they get printed, There needs to be advertising to
get the clientele (subscribers) and this is a very
tedious and expensive part, not to mention getting
stores to carry the product. I don't mean to
insult your intelligence, I am sure you already
know and realize what I have said. I also do not
mean to down play this magazine, I am as exited as
anyone about it. What I am trying to say is I have
not promised any more than an electronic sample of
the magazine, I would like to print it out on
maybe some newsprint (cheap and not so good
quality) but this is still a good chunk of money
and unlikely, but I am looking into it anyway. I
will make the sample and do my best to get it out
to whoever wants it. After that, we'll see what
happens, maybe it will stop there and maybe it
will be taken to the next level, we'll see. As far
as assistance and help, I have received many
offers and am happy to accept all the help I can
get. As of this moment, I haven't really started
anything so there isn't really much to help with,
but when I do I will send the word out.  I thank
you for all the e-mails, and the offers for
assistance, it is good to know I have the
prospective help of so many enthusiasts, I will
keep the list updated once I get the ball rolling,
and then we will see if it continues to roll. I
admit that this is a very exiting idea. I am just
trying to keep it realistic, and take it step by
step.

Editor in Chief, (Heh heh)
Nathan Malone