Re: MK naming convention

> Mark wrote:
> >It is used to differentiate the two body styles:
>

> The Mk1 did change in 77 from inset front indicator
> lenses to the wrap around type, and they also
> changed > bumper styles from open chrome ones to the
plastic > type.

The turnsignal / bumper change was in 1978 model year.
I did not consider it significant for this discussion.
You could also argue that the two front wiper MK1
(1974-1975) is to be differentiated from the single
wiper MK1 (1976-1981).

> Are there body changes on the Mark 2 as well?
> (besides the 16V having the body kit on it).

Not really, except for the change from single to dual
wiper ;-) Body kits were not limited to 16V models.

Cheers!

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)