Re: A1 Golf brakes on a 16v?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:20:25 -0600 "Neal Tovsen" <sixteen.volt@gte.net>
writes:
> I'm just toying with ideas:
>
> Are A1 Rabbit/Golf front brakes completely interchangeable with
> Scirocco Mk2 16v brakes?
Yes.

> More specifically, if a company makes an aftermarket
> caliper/rotor kit for a Golf Mk1, will it fit a Scirocco 16v, too?
Yes.

> Are the A2 Golf brakes interchangeable, too?
No, on the early A2's, up to '90 I think, the carrier is part of the
wheel bearing housing. To upgrade the brakes you have to swap the whole
housing.

> Neal
> 88 16v

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>