Follow-up on the up-shift light/Remote Starter

There was a lot of discussion about the possibility of our electronics being
"smart" enough to detect that our transmissions are in neutral since they
detect reverse for the brake lights and in 5th gear the upshift light won't
go on. At one point someone suggested to see if the upshift light comes on
in reverse. Well it stuck in my mind and I had the chance to try it the
other day in my Jetta when I left my house and forgot something. I stopped
in the middle of my street and backed down the street to my driveway.

Sure enough, I looked forward at my dash, and the upshift light was shining
bright!

In case you just had to know...Craig Williams
1981 SciroccoS 1.8 16V (soon to be 2.0+)
1987 Jetta GLI 16V (Daily Driver)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife)