Re: gas mileage

my injected 8v '84 GTX needs at least 10.5 l/100km with stock 112HP DX engine,
my carbed 8v '83 GTX needs not more than 8.5 l/100km with modified 120HP EX engine,

strange - huh !

well, important fact is that the '84 has a close transmission ratio
and the '83 has a very wide ratio, known as "4+E" transmission here. ( E for economy )
Then, the 2E2 carb is a very sophisticated thing, with some extra goodies
to save fuel, such as throttle cut off. ( motor dies immediately if you
take your foot from the gas-pedal, and fires up on again when needed )
Sounds annoying but in fact you hardly notice it....

btw. somebody has the formula to translate "l/100km" into "mpg" ?
I'm just to tired to do this at this time of day... :-)

Greets Dirk
'83 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l EX carbed      "the powerful fuel saver"
'84 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l DX inj.            "the thirsty snow plow"
www.Scirocco2.de