Re: Gas Tank Filter

--- DavidG1952@aol.com wrote:
> Now that my gas tank is removed has anybody had the
> experience of replacing
> the fuel filter *inside* the tank?
>
> It looks like its in there below the sending unit,
> and Bently describes it
> but has little to say on removal and installation.
> It is also listed as part
> # 431-201-511 A
> on my ETKA CD for the 1981 Scirocco.

I have removed the filter in the tank of my '81. If
memory is working, it is a "rubber" piece that is
pressed in place. You'll need some sort of "pick" to
pull it up from the center. It was a bear to get out.

Getting it back in was much easier.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM