Re: Shifter bushings installation

>From my experience, you can never completely get rid of the side to side slop
completely.  The rubber washers you describe actually go down on the "balls"
before you snap down the plastic socket ends.  They act as a seal to reduce
water and dirt intrusion, thus giving longer life to the plastic rod ends.  I
can't tell by your description exactly what the "hats" are.  If I had to
guess, they are the nylon(off white plastic) bushings that fit on the "long
arm" holes and the short arm going into the top of the tranny.  I just
remembered, there is another set of thinner bushing that are on the bottom
end of the stick shift itself.  Take a look there too.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
<A HREF="http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/">http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/</A

In a message dated 01/10/2000 7:26:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
x-frog@home.com writes:

> I still have some side to side movement of the shifter when in any gear.
Can anyone help me to install these? They are small washer like rubber
bushings (4) and small plastic top hats with holes in them (4), and I don't
know where they go.<