1.8T tranny question

Hello,

I've been listening with interest to the 1.8T scirocco
discussion.  I'm pretty convinced that this is the way
to go for me when my current engine blows up
eventually.. . lots of time to go :)  And things will
be cheaper then too.

I'm not quite understanding how the tranny works out.
Do you take the one from the Beetle?  And how does the
linkage work as far as sqeezing it into one of our
cars?  And how do the drive axles get hooked up?  Are
there some things that need to be fabricated as far as
engine mounting points?  And will it be remotely
possible to maintain AC in all of this?

-'Chung