Re: motor mount replacement

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Mark Peele wrote:

> > have fun with the drivers side mount while the
> > engine and trans are in.
> > i had to take a sheet metal shears to the inner
> > fender well(gasp!) to get
> > the front bracket bolt to slide out and that was
> > after lowering the engine
> > down as far as i could with the front mount removed.
> >  I'm sure there is an
> > easier way to do it,
>
> The driver's side mount is actually pretty "easy" (not
> fast). Remove the front and rear mounts (time
> consuming, but not technically challenging). Then you
> can "tilt" the drivetrain down far enough to clear the
> inner fender. You pretty much need to do this to clear
> the inner fender when pulling the tranny too.

damn i knew there was an easier way, if i had just removed the rear mount
too it would have been a fairly easy job to get that front bolt out, the
rear one will just barely slide out between the inner fender.  I must have
fought that thing for hours last summer when i did this.  oh well now i
know.  maybe this will help those other guys who are getting ready to do
this. thanks

Eric P.