RE: 1.8T scirocco pics

> However, the best deal I can find on the parts is
> $3500...longblock,

look around.  My friend paid $2200 for engine
electronics intercooler and turbo.

> manifolds and electronics and figuring another 2K
> for custom parts...it's
> just not gonna happen right now.

> But, you simply need the 1.8T motor and electronics,
> from an Audi A4 is the
> best route according to the guys around here in
> Sacramento.  Then you use
> any of the 1.8T exhaust manifolds and source out a
> 1.8T new Beetle intake
> manifold.

I beleive you are going to want the new beetle exhaust
manifold.  Otherwiese you are going to have to cut out
the fire wall to get into an A1.  I know you will if
you are using the audi A4 maniflold.  there is just
not enought room for the exhaust the turbo intake and
the shifting linkage.

> Use a 16V radiator, custom intercooler, and a good
> oil cooler.

actuall in a rabbit there wasn't enought room for the
cooling fan shroud.  the A3 dual fan shroud set up
works very nice and you have 2 fans now to keep you
cool

> All this gets you a whopping 150HP.  But, change the
> chip and use a bigger
> turbo and your talking more like 250-300HP.  Get the
> big ass turbo manifold
> and turbo the Neuspeed puts out and your over 300HP

If you are going to do this you need a quaife better
yet AWD.  The rabbit I mentioned before has severe
traction probs.  don't even think about flooring it in
first.  Second is just stupid too.  blue smoke pouring
off both tires.  By far the fastest vw I have ever
seen.

> Trouble is your also talking about 10K before you
> start modifying the
> transaxle.  Which is another $2K or so.

$$$$$$$$
thats why i am not working on one now.  It will cost a
lot to get it working smoothly and make it look like
factory.  then you need to do everything around it.
you will need a built tranney to handle the torque and
power.

Tony