Re: Clutch Labor

Spoken from one who works in a VW shop; a vanagon clutch is far simpler to
replace then a scirocco/rabbit/jetta. It only takes an average tech to do a
vanagon clutch about an hour. Provided they have the standard shop
equipment. I.E. hoist and airtools! Not to mention a tranny jack and/or
helper. No offense intended, but this is like comparing apples to
telescopes. HTH

>From: Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com>
>To: SubConSk8@aol.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Clutch Labor
>Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:07:45 -0800 (PST)
>
>I paid $175 for labor including re-machining the
>flywheel on my 87 Vanagon.  Should be about the same
>for a rocco.  This was NOT at a dealership BTW :)
>
>Mark
>
>--- SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:
> > What should I expect to pay for the labor on a full
> > clutch install? Not
> > includiding materials...Anyone from the Seattle area
> > recommend somewhere
> > cheap to get it done? If so, how much is it there?
> >
> > Stephen Mull
> > '86 8v Rocco Black
> > Seattle, WA
> >
> > --
> > Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> > unsubscibe send
> >

>=====
>Mark
>
>87 Westfalia Gl
>84 Scirocco 8v
>
>http://members.tripod.com/~jehanno

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco