[Engine & Fuel] Mid 80's Hot start problem

Not exactly spec to Sciroccos but it should be the same system as the
Later Mk2s.

Did we not recently talk about problems with vapor lock and a Hot Pulse
Relay as a fix? Could anyone w/ a recollection point me at a thread or
something, mucho appreciation in advance.

The symptom is once hot the 1.8 CIS-E won't start without either cooling
down or wide open throttle cranking, reset and crank with no throttle.
Leads to frustrated battery being run down.  :(

My Bentley is missing and I'm down to a new Haneys manual.  :[

Wonder what the retrofit of the HPR might be. Car has had it's oil &
filter, plugs, air filter replaced and a 'better but still used' cap and
rotor set swapped in.

WTH & tia,
TBerk