Re: 16V Handling -- a story of autox woes......

Shannon,
If you are having problems getting power out of 2nd
gear and it is happening quite often you might try
going with a transmission with different gear ratios,
or final drive, or even building your own with OEM
parts from various tranny's. I have never done this
but have thought about it from time to time. Shifting
into 1st while the car is moving, OUCH! I used the
tall box out of the stock 81 Scirocco at the last
event and didn't much like it, so when I replace my
clutch later this month I am going to switch to the
84' close ratio. I was having the same problem as
you were, lugging the motor out of the turns (didn't
help much that I had an oil soaked clutch either).
Hope this helps.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - 2.0L 16V
(under the knife OSP car)
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
(my new CSP car until the other is done)