Re: Clutch Favorites

cmueller@sciarc.edu writes:

<< What are everyone's brand/model preferences for replacing the stock clutch?

 I don't race my 16V, don't have enough money for a 'Sport' package (don't
 really think I want a sport clutch anyways) but I WOULD like some added
 performance.

 I'm leaning towards getting a Centerforce DF clutch, their sales blurb says
 they give something like 50-80% more clamping pressure than a stock, but
 it's not that much more expensive than a Sachs.  Anbody have experience with
 these guys?

 Also, Schroeder's VW tuning book (and the other one, too) both basically say
 to stick with the Sachs.  Am I potentially wasting time and money for
 nothing?

I am using the Centerforce DF clutch on my car. It works great. I have about
150 hp and the clutch handles it with no problem. And it isn't all rough like
a race or puck style clutch. I think it can handle a lot more hp too, I will
find out when I make more upgrades.

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L