Re: um help..........please?

Hey Rob,
You don't need to remove the seat bottom to remove the seatback.
If you insist on removing the whole seat, just remove the "stop" bolt and
slide it all the way back and lift it out. Don't forget to remove the
plastic seat rail trim behind the seat, it is held on with a philips
screw.

Push in the 3 small plastic pins that secure the piece of plastic over
the seat hinge.
Pop the plastic covers out and rotate them to expose the hinge and the
clip that secures it.
Pry off the 2 small clips, one on each side, and lift the seatback
brackets off of the pins.

A replacement seatback can now be popped on.

In a pinch you can use the passenger side seatback on the driver's side.

If you have the gray striped 16V Scirocco seats with black "leatherette"
bolsters:

I have a driver's seat back in good condition, except for a small crack
in the side bolster.

I also have a passenger seat back in excellent condition, which will fit,
except that you have to reach behind the seat to release the seat back.

$50 your choice, plus shipping from Philadelphia.

Btw, this must be common, I bought an '87 16V S2 with a broken driver's
seatback.

Peter 302.832.8989