upper strut bushings

I thought I would post this again in case anyone
has any input that may have missed it last time.

Tech question:

When I mounted new front OEM upper strut
bushings/bearings I noticed a little play due to
the sleeve that the strut shaft passes through
and the top nut/washer tightens down on to.
I have installed many of these on my VW's
and friends VW's and I have always noticed
it being this way so figured it was normal. I
figured it was this way to allow the strut to turn
when you turn the wheels left to right.

When I installed the Poly units on my Scirocco
I noticed that they tighten down snug with no
slack (shorter sleeve?). With this setup I assume
that the strut must turn in its carrier when the
wheels are turned L to R. Is this the way these
poly units are supposed to work? Will this
eventually damage the struts? (Bilstein HD's) If
this is ok, would It be a good idea to grind down
the sleeves for the OEM units (w/ Boge TG's) on
my other Scirocco?

If anyone has researched this or can help out
it would much appreciated. Off to the races
tomorrow, assuming the gas stations are open
and the world does not end :)

Thanks,
Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - 2.0L 16V
(under the knife OSP car)
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
(my new CSP car until the other is done)