rebuild or strip?

I have the opportunity to buy a 87 16V that is
stock/good w/ 130K for around 900$.  The engine and
tranny have been rebuilt, with good compression and
only a small oil leak.  Leather interior...

However - it got crunched pretty good in the right
rear corner.  The metal and rear tail-light are toast.
 With the unibody construction of these cars, would it
be better for me to strip the car and drop pretty much
everything into my 84 8v, or spend the $500ish to get
the body work done.  Will the car straighten out, or
will it be a permanent headache trying to get the
"frame" straight?  The only real bonus my 8v has over
it is that mine has a sunroof, and the back is
straight :).

I am just nervous about fixing up the 16v because
everyone I know (including myself) that has been hit
on a rear quarter has no end of problems with uneven
treadwear and other problems after getting a frame
straightening.

TIA
Mark

=====