Re: anyone who taken their gauge needles off, please help

>  i installed brett's really bitchin' gauge faces last night. but i've
>run into a problem. i got the speedo needle on easy enough, but i'm
>having problems with the tach. i don't know what the deal is, but i
>can't get it to seat properly. i get the pin to set in the hole okay,
>but it's no longer level and the tach doesn't go back to 0 when i move
>the needle up. did i really screw something up or is there something i
>missed? please help. thanx.
>--
> /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
>< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com
>  \ /
>   °

This doesn't sound too healthy really, sorry to say.  So you put the
tach needle back on, and it's not straight anymore?  Or you twist
the needle a bit, and it doesn't sink back to zero?  It just sticks
where you point it?  Have you tried straightening the needle pin shaft
sticking out of the tach?  sorry to hear that you've had such trouble,
it's not the norm... :/  I need some more details about this.  If it
turns out that your tach is broken, ask Jim Jarrett if you can have
one of his extras...as I don't think I have an extra 7k 8v tach.

==Brett