Did ja ever figure out the cold start stuff?

First off, let me say I had a bitchen time at the Potters first anual
"Virtual World's Grand Send Off to 1999" party! You see, if you spent
$4000 or more in parts for the year, you were invited to a new years
festival which included a steak & lobster feast, (YUM!) open bar from
6:pm until 3:am, plenty of beautiful women all over the place and private
fireworks for our enjoyment!
I didnt get home until late saturday night! WHAT A PARTY!! I only saw
Doug Toulie there so if you werent invited, tisk-tisk. Maybe next year,
hrmph!

Onward!
I finally got around to changing (Thanks Mike!) my defective CIS control
unit to an 83' GTI style control unit and matching harness (it has the
WOT switch is the only difference. The control unit connection is
different too.)

We get the new harness installed and everything connected. Fired it up,
get the fuel mixture set. Everything's great. Restart it later after its
cooled down and an old problem that I had a while ago returns.

It would seem that the thermal time switch is making the 5th injector run
extremely rich and the car runs like crap. (Gee, like its too rich.)
Before when this happened (Mostly last winter where the temps in the :am
were in the 50's.) it would do this for about 5 miles, then a click of
something, like a flip of a switch and the car clears up, runs on all 4
again.
Now it does it whenever the car is cold and it takes alot longer to get
the car to clear up and run right.

I believe the culprit is the thermo time switch. Not for sure as I havent
been to my shop to test it. Just wanting a general opinion from those of
you who have already "been there and done that",  that this is indeed my
problem? TIA

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and