RE: On that Jamex box......

Hi guys!

I could not resist an had to say my word.
I've been using that Jamex airbox almost a year now and I can honestly say,
that it's the best thing that I've ever did to my car. In last summer it was
the
only mod that had been done to my car, but that made me best drag racing
car on under 2 litres class with my stock engine (Then 1.8 8v injected).

I won Modyfied Nissan Primeras (claimed 170HP), one Golf 16v, Opel 2.0 16v,
and even one 2.5 liter Touring BMW and etc. without any problems.

This year I'm planning to add some nice 270-285 degree cam's and I'm aiming
to win not only the under 2 litres class but also a under 3 litres class,
but I know
that I have to be at least 2 or three seconds faster than last year to get
this far.
My main concern is one '79 Opel Manta with 3.0i engine out of an '92 Opel
Omega. Wich had a 400m time 13.89 last year and my best this far is 15.92.
But this was with 8v engine, now I have a 16v, this should mean more power?

If anyone want's to see how this Jamex airbox look's like then see this pic.
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco/images/installation.jpg
Its taken last spring when I installed the Jamex airbox and sunroof with my
friend to my car. Jamex aitbox itself is still in the box, but you can see
the
shape from the image on the box.

So my suggestion is, if you have that possibility go for it. It needs
regular
maintenance like all other similar free flow filters, but gives you best
overall
result compared with K&N. I tried K&N and do not want it any more. (I
swapped
with one friend who had K&N and didn't believe me, but afterwards I had hard
time getting it back from him! :) )

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!