Re: Power Steering

> What type of fluid do VW's use???  And, why in the hell would the rack
> lock-up when out of fluid? this sucks...

  use the type for your type of transmission :)  seriously, when i
bought my car there was a problem with the rack that didn't allow the
fluid to get in. because of that i developed a 'bind' and wheneveri
turned my wheel left there'd be a 'chunk' (or rather, 'CHUNK'). i think
it's analagous to your engine going without oil. things just eventually
lock up because they can't get lubricated. needless to say, i got a new
rack and everything works fine. though...

  my dad's a great man and all, but when he put my new rack back on, the
steering wheel was turned slightly. the problem is now that the steering
wheel is either too far left or too far right. anyone have a suggestion
on how to remedy this problem (other than removing the rack and
readjusting)? thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com