RE: [mk2] more crappy problems, can anyone relate?

Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>i didn't touch nuthin! but get this...
>
>headlights..
>low beam - driver side on only
>high beam - passenger hi and low on only
>..any clues as to what the hell happened to my wiring? Obv.
>my passenger side low is working because it comes on when i hit
>the high beams.

I'm not sure about that last bit. AFAIK, when the high beams are on, the
low beam is not on. The outer lights are dual filaments so different
filaments light up for high/low.

I would check the wiring. Do a visual inspection first (look for any
slipped disconnections, frayed wires, etc.) then check with a voltmeter.
Are they relayed? If so check that none of the connections came loose.
If they are not relayed, check with a voltmeter for continuity and +12,
etc. Then think about relaying your lights. Cheap and easy.

It could also be a problem with the connector at the headlight switch.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0