mk1 airdams

Well, some of you might remember the air dam that came up on
ebay a while back. I got it today and directly compared it to my
badly cracked kamei air dam. The one I got off of ebay looks like
the same type of plastic as the kamei but is a bit different. Same
thickness, but much more flexible and thus hopefully less prone to
cracking. Plus it has the dual cooling vents as opposed to the one
that the kamei has. The overall quality isn't as nice as the kamei,
but it was brand new and for only $100, so I can't really complain.
I'm thinking about taking the time to secure it with dzus fasteners
so that if need be, I can remove it in less than 2 minutes if I need to
get into a steep driveway.  The vents are nice and large too, so
what I might do is split the air coming through and route it to the
brakes and also the air box on one side and an oil cooler I'm going
to put on the other side. :) that oughta add 25hp ;)....
                   Kris Rayner
                  1989 GTI 16V
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/