Re: draining manual transmission

>I was told to use synthetic, I will be doing this myself soon, sorry I have
>no suggestions, I wish I knew what was recommend...Anyone.

You are correct, sir.

> > How many quarts does it take?

I have heard its about 2.1 quarts. I usually put 2 in and call it good.

> > Also where are the drain and fill plugs located. Are they hard to get to
> > from below.

Drain plug is at the very bottom of the differential where the CV flanges
are.

Fill plug id on the need of the tranny to the right of the green cap. The
end is the drivers side.

What do you recommend for replacement fluid.

I use Amsoil gear oil. It is synthetic and proven to be a quality oil.

Didn't have much
> > of a choice at the local auto parts shop. Does anyone know where I can
>find
> > Slick 50 manual trans treatment.

IMHO this shit is total crap. Just put good stuff in like Redline or Amsoil.

  Can't find it any where!!

Don't even bother looking for it ;)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco