Re: gross polluter

Bad Plugs, bad wires, dist. cap, rotor, weak coil, poor grounding, leaking
cold-start valve, bad injecters (crappy spray pattern), low compression?

Bill

flores4@webtv.net (luis flores) on 02/18/2000 02:14:48 AM

To:   scirocco-l@scirocco.org
cc:    (bcc: Bill Scarince/US/TA.NA)
Subject:  gross polluter

  I had a smog check done on my stock 84 today and it failed
miserably... it is now considered a "gross polluter" here in california.
thinking the catalytic converter was shot, i removed it and checked it
per Bently and it seems okay.  i plan on replacing it and the O2 sensor,
but other than that, what else would make it a gross polluter?  timing
is set at 06°BTDC and most vacuum lines have been replaced.  mixture
to my knowledge hasn't been screwed with... yet.

luis
82 & 84 rocs