Re: Drake engines?

Robinson Family wrote:

> whats a Drake Engine?

Drake was one of the best old school VW tuners that ever was. They were
known to be very opinionated and their cars fast as hell! Their parts
are now collectibles -kinda like Empi for the aircooled dubs.

> whats a Griffen Engine!?

Beats me...

> Techtonics makes engines?

They don't actually build motors anymore. Actually they only did that
for insiders. They were most famous for their amazing cylinder heads
which made them gods amongst men. Sorry, they don't make those anymore,
either. :^( Nor do they publish their "Amazing Dyno Stories" datasheets
really push the envelope of VW research like they used to. They still
rule, though.

> Who is Eurospec and GMP?

Is Eurospec still in the mailorder business? I haven't seen them in
years. They do manufacture a custom cylinder head that well... isn't so
good (from what I hear). GMP was one of the original mailorder joints
and were based out of North Carolina back when *everything* came from
California. I think they went under back around '89 or so.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!