Re: 1987 16v Rocco.....Gas Tank Leak!!!

If your vehicle hasn't been in for the recall..and even if it has....why bother getting a sub-par replacement from a junk yard and fixing the tank/leak yourself...it's a freebie at any VW dealer and they'll give you a nice, new, shiny tank.  Scirocco 16v tanks recalled because of possible cracks leading to explosion...or something silly like that :)
-----Original Message-----
From: S.Coleman <deadbolt@mindspring.com>
To: scirocco group <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 8:01 PM
Subject: 1987 16v Rocco.....Gas Tank Leak!!!

Here is the question.  What other VW's have gas tanks that will fit in my Scirocco II  16v?  I can't locate any salvage yards with one scirocco in them.  Or has anyone got a good tank for sale?  Also,...do I need to completely unbolt the rear trailing arm and brakes to lower that tank down.  It looks as though I do but I wasn't sure.
Thanks in advance,
chris